- Team tryouts are open to all players who have paid their registration fee, signed the wavier, and are in grades 4 through 11.
- Teams should have a minimum of 8 and maximum of 12 players.
- Executive Director and team coaches will evaluate the players during tryouts.
- First team tryouts are held during late October/early November. The second team tryouts are held during early to late February.
- Any player injured during or before the tryouts or unable to attend tryouts will be evaluated on previous experience or have an individual tryout session.
- The results of the tryouts will be made known within 24 – 48 hours after the tryouts have been completed. Phone calls will be made and acceptance letters will be sent to each player.
- Candidates may be male or female. They should be at least 18 years of age and have Board approval. The candidates should have basic knowledge of the game and possess good administrative and management skills, and follow the rules of the CPE Board.
- CPE Board may interview each applicant and must select a coach for each AAU team. If there are not enough coaches to fill all of the positions, a committee will be required to recruit qualified individuals for those open positions.
- Coaches are approved for the current season only and must be approved each year to continue in the AAU Club.
- The Board has the authority to terminate and replace coaches who exhibit inappropriate behaviors as determined by the Board. The coach has the right to appeal the decision at regular Board meetings.
- Prospective coaches will be asked to complete clearance forms for the PA State Police background check before coaching.